Friday, August 15, 2008

Mega Man 9 Achievements, Braid Interview Soon

After getting my braces off and looking devilishly handsome, the Mega Man 9 achievements for the 360 version went up. When MM9 comes out in September, I'm sure I'll punch myself in the face, thus needing braces again.

http://inside.mygamercard.net/2008/08/12/achievements-for-mega-man-9-reward-the-hardcore/

Clear the game without dying? Beat the game 5 times in one day? Defeat 1000 enemies? Jeeze. Talk about hardcore.

I must say, I love that they are going retro with this, since there hasn't been a true Mega Man sequel in almost ten years. The NES look and sound is completely retained - you have to give them credit for doing that. They're even keeping the bus from the NES games, such as the screen flicker and inability to have more than 4 enemies on the screen (though these can be disabled).

Here's a gameplay video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V0tMTIXs9g

I'm going to be launching an actual blog soon, and I'll have Facebook feed the posts from there to here so you won't be missing anything, but I do suggest posting there when it is launched. The blog will contain my last two reviews as well as an interview I scored with David Hellman, who worked on Braid. He did all of the character/artwork design in the game. You can see some of his work at http://www.davidhellman.net/ If you have any questions for me to ask him, please let me know. I already have a few, but more wouldn't hurt.

No comments: